Charter Realty is a full-service commercial real estate development and brokerage company founded in 1993 by Paul Brandes and Daniel Zelson specializing in retail property, mixed-use properties and leasing strategies. Charter’s vertically integrated platform identifies value-creation and growth opportunities for all real estate product types.
Backed by strong investor and lender relationships, Charter Realty owns, leases, or operates more than 80 shopping centers throughout the United States. Charter currently acts as the exclusive leasing agent for more than 11 million square feet of property. Charter represents numerous national tenants, including TJ Maxx, HomeGoods, Lidl, Shack Shake, West Elm, and Restore Hyperwellness + Cryotherapy.
TOTAL ACQUISITION AND DEVELOPMENT COSTS
Charter Realty consists of a highly skilled and experienced team of Real Estate professionals.
Acquisitions & Development
Charter seeks to take advantage of opportunities that exist in the current real estate marketplace by pursuing strategies that lead to long-term stability, growth, and profitability. These strategies include the following:
- Owning and operating a high quality portfolio of shopping centers in select and diverse markets, each with strong economic and demographic characteristics, in order to maintain a portfolio of real estate assets with stable income and the potential for long-term growth.
- Identifying value-add properties with the potential to enhance "frequency-of-visit" characteristics through application of mixed-use leasing strategies.
- Adaptive re-use or redevelopment of out of favor asset types and obsolete properties to maximize intrinsic infrastructure and location value.
- Unlocking long-term value through operational savvy and active property level ownership; direct involvement with tenant business planning coinciding with ownership value creation strategy.
- Locating new development and re-development projects which incorporate land assemblages, adaptive reuse, and/or environmentally sensitive “Brownfield” situations.
- Developing successful governmental approval strategies associated with ground-up developments or re-developments.
- Applying best-practice planning guidelines to enhance physical characteristics and property level consumer experience.