As a founding officer of Charter since its inception, Paul has focused his efforts on identifying shopping center acquisition, development, and redevelopment opportunities. This has accounted for more than ten million square feet (approximately 50 properties) of projects along the east coast of the United States. Executing on the value-add redevelopment programs for a plethora of neighborhood and community shopping centers, as well as single tenant net lease properties, have been his focus. More recently his activities have also concentrated on mixed-use properties, as well as street retail within dense infill or urban locations.
Paul’s primary responsibilities include:
- Identifying and analyzing potential property acquisitions.
- Overseeing the value-add development and management teams.
- Identifying and managing activities of third-party construction managers.
- Structure and manage strategic venture partner or co-investment relationships.
- Securing capital for the company’s equity and debt requirements.
- Day-to-day governance of Charter’s corporate operations.
Prior to founding Charter, Paul spent a combined ten years working in acquisitions, development, and property management roles for National Realty and Development of Purchase, NY as well as the CGI Companies of Brookline, MA. During that period, he was responsible for initiating nearly two million square feet of ground-up retail developments across upstate New York, and managing and leasing a portfolio of forty neighborhood shopping centers across New England. Paul received a B.S. from Tufts University and currently resides with his family in Fairfield County, CT.